Having problems in your relationship? Are you, your partner, or both of you unhappy?
Many couples are likely to experience difficult times at some point in their life.
It is best to seek help sooner rather than later for the sake of your relationship and your own emotional wellbeing.
In my experience, couples do not need long term psychotherapy. Couples need short term solution focused interventions.
Relationship counselling can help you to:
- Restore healthy communication in your relationship
- Increase your understanding of underlying problems
- Clarify your feelings and the choices you could make
- Help you develop new strategies to resolve conflicts
- Identify strengths and deficits in the relationship
It may happen that you decide to separate. In that case, relationship counselling can help you:
- Get the support you need to face that challenge
- Get your needs met and respect the needs of the other
- Clarify your feelings
- Identify the best choices
- Mourn the loss of the relationship
- Make the separation as constructive and safe for all parties concerned
- Develop confidence to rebuild your life